Why does diaper rash occur? Is there any way to prevent rashes?
Causes of diaper rash
There are multiple causes why your baby may experience diaper rash. The following potential reasons may help you shed some light on the situation.
- Prolonged increased dampness, or increased temperature within the diaper can lead to damp skin and maceration.
- Macerated skin is easily damaged by diaper friction or naturally occurring irritants present in urine and stool.
- In many cases, rashes may not occur as a result of a single cause. The general condition of your baby’s overall health, allergies, the climate, and various other factors may contribute to diaper rash.
HOW TO PREVENT DIAPER RASH
- To prevent rashes, always clean your baby’s skin carefully. Take steps to protect and sooth the skin with appropriate baby skin care products as necessary.
- To keep the baby’s skin free from dampness, change diapers frequently, and occasionally give the baby some diaper free time.
- In the event of persistent baby rash, consult your pediatrician before the rash worsens.
More Question, Tips & Topics